Purpose

I'm going to stop looking at my life as if it's one big story, one big picture as to say.  Rather, I'm going to look at it as multiple stories.  I'm going to live my life with multiple purposes.  Everyone has their purposes, not one person lives their life only to have one purpose.  The biggest purpose in life is to worship and glorify the same God who placed six million leaves on an average elm tree, and for that reason, because he placed six million leaves on an average elm tree. He deserves our glory and deserves our praise.  My purpose yesterday may have been to save my friends life.  My purpose today may have been to talk to that same friend and let her know she is not alone.  Her purpose for me was to tell me the same thing.  My purpose several years ago was to help a good friend through an ugly divorce.  My purpose a few weeks ago was to comfort a close friend.  I will continue to live with many purposes and all of them will add up together to make the big picture until I have reached the end, the ultimate goal, which is finally meeting God.  We all have purposes that we must live out, it's having faith in God and trust in him that we must all work on in order to get our story told. 

No comments:

Post a Comment