This Morning

I woke up this morning in a bed that wasn't mine.  I was facing the window.  The blinds were open so the sun was shining right in my eyes.  I could feel skin on my back and could hear breathing, it was also not mine.  I looked over my shoulder, I saw her.  I didn't know who she was.  I got up and put my clothes on, everything but my underwear, I seemed to have misplaced them.  I went into the bathroom, washed my face, used her toothbrush, then left.
My watch told me it was 5:43 a.m. but it had been broke since last summer.  I looked across the street and saw line of pay phones.  I didn't see my car and my cellphone was in my car the last time I checked, so I began to walk over to the pay phones to call for a ride.  I put two quarters, it began ringing.
"Hello?"
"Lyell."
"What?"
"I need a ride, I don't know where I am."
"Well, where are you?"
"I'm at a phone booth next to a Burger King on North Clark."
"Ok, wait there."
I waited there for fifteen minutes, sitting on a dirty park bench with no underwear and only my thin work pants between us to block it from touching my skin.  I got tired of waiting, so I picked up the phone again, I put two quarters in, it began ringing.
"Yea?"
"I need a ride, I'm on North Clark by Burger King sitting on a dirty park bench with no underwear."
"Sorry man, I'm outta town, went to the show up in Aurora."
I hung up and started walking down the sidewalk hoping I would see something familiar.
I passed a woman walking her dog.  The beast lunged at me and ripped my pants off.  I was now only wearing a shirt and shoes.  Just as this happened, a police officer drove by and saw me, naked on the sidewalk.  I already had a warrant out for me for grand theft auto, and I couldn't be pinned with indecent exposure too, so I ran.  My junk swung around like a swing at the park in the summer.  I wished now more then ever that I was wearing a jock strap.  At the corner I met Lyell, jumped in the back of his truck and he sped all the way back to our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment