Tonight, I leave.

Tonight, I leave, but only for one week,
to wrap my mind around this world
that I can't very well see from where
I am standing right now.

This ground that is below me is dirt.
I've stood here before, it's nothing special,
in fact I don't like like one bit, it's hard.
I want to walk somewhere that has grass.

Before I leave, I face one obstacle,
but it isn't in my way because
I placed it there myself,
and I want it to be there.

Still, Im nervous, I don't know what's to come.
I don't feel prepared, and I might tense up.
Exactly the reason, God is Always with me.
The way through him is hard, but the reward is eternal.

2 comments:

  1. the way through him is hard, but the reward is eternal.

    we talked on the phone today about this. in fact you almost spoke those exact words. thank you for doing that. for reminding me of that. for reminding me once more of God's unfailing, incredible, beautiful love.

    you're great.
    really really great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love you.

    and i miss you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete